John Phillips started the passenger conveyance business following the Great War using a taxi running between Wrexham and Rhosllanerchrugog with an extension to the hamlet of Tainant. The first buses were believed to be two Chevrolets.
Later his son Hughie joined the business and eventually took over after his father died in the mid 1950's. The firm maintained a half hourly service on the competitive route to Rhosllanerchrugog until the business ceased nearly 70 years later. In addition a number of worker routes were operated to places such as Stanlow Oil terminal, Chester and Runcorn.
Hughie was for a number of years a Director of Wrexham Football Club and the firm were used to convey the team and supporters.
The livery of the firm was always red and cream.
In 1979 Hughie sold the route to Crosville but no vehicles transferred. The coaches were sold to E Jones and Sons.