The business of Meredith and Jesson which started in 1921 was initially a partnership between Edwin Meredith and his son in law James Jesson.
James had already established a business operating a six seater horse break conveying passengers from Cefn Mawr to Wrexham. They purchased an ex US military Garford lorry and converted it to carry 24 passengers. They used this vehicle to run a service from Cefn Mawr to Wrexham on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This service was operated on these days for the life of the business some 48 years. They also operated a hospital service on a Sunday.
On the death of Edward Meredith in 1937 his side of the partnership was continued by his son Herbert. Herbert died in 1949 and the share in the business was transferred to his two brothers but Edwin Jesson continued to run the business.
In addition to the main service which often ran with a duplicate vehicle the business did engage in private hire work.
At the age of 75 in 1969 Edwin Jesson finally retired and the route was sold to Crosville and the three remaining buses in the fleet were sold.